The Library is seeking a dependable part-time Waverly Branch Programming Coordinator/Circulation Clerk.
This position will work primarily at the Waverly Branch, (9410 State Road 144
Martinsville, IN 46151) but may be required to work at any of the six library branches as scheduling demands.
This is a part-time position that will be regularly scheduled for 2.5 to 3.5 days per week (19-26.5 hours), but may have more hours as needed. You must be available to work 1-2 evenings per week and 1-2 weekends (Saturday 9 – 5:30 and Sunday 1-5) per month in addition to daytime hours.
Starting salary $7.75 to $8.45 dependent upon prior experience and/or education.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and delivering programming for children, teens and adults.
- Developing craft ideas for programming and display.
- Maintaining an inventory of supplies needed for programs.
- Promoting library services and programs in area schools.
- Coordinating program schedules/ideas with Children’s & YA Librarians.
- Checking library materials in and out.
- Assisting patrons with holds, renewals, account questions, locating materials, basic computer assistance and basic reference questions.
- Shelving materials.
- Registering new patrons or updating existing patron accounts.
Prior library experience desired but not required.
To apply, please submit an application to any branch library, fax it to 765-342-9992, or upload it, below. Applications are available at any branch or downloadable below. No phone calls, please.