Part-Time Circulation Clerk
The Library is seeking a dependable part-time circulation clerk.
This position will work primarily at the Waverly Branch but may be required to work at any of the six library branches including Martinsville, Morgantown, Eminence, Monrovia or Waverly locations.
This is a part-time position that will be regularly scheduled for 2.5 to 3.5 days per week (19-26.5 hours), but may have more hours as needed.
Starting salary $7.25 to $8.10 dependent upon prior experience and/or education.
- Checking library materials in and out.
- Collecting fines.
- Assisting patrons with holds, renewals, account questions, locating materials, basic computer assistance and basic reference questions.
- Shelving materials.
- Registering new patrons or updating existing patron accounts.
- Minor maintenance to equipment (replacing toner cartridges, refilling paper, etc.).
- Pulling, tagging, and canceling patron holds as necessary.
- Accurately double-checking items before they are shelved.
- Able to work independently.
- A pleasant personality capable of dealing with patrons of all ages.
- Good judgment and attention to detail
- Able to work under stressful conditions.
- Computer skills including internet, searching, word processing.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Reliable attendance and transportation.
- Good listening and speaking skills.
Previous library experience is desired, but not required.
Please submit an application to any branch library, fax it to 765-342-9992, or upload it, below. Applications are available at any branch or downloadable below. No phone calls, please.