Get a Card
Any resident or property owner in Morgan County, except for Brown Township residents (who must obtain a card from the Mooresville Library), is eligible for a Morgan County Public Library Card.
For information on other types of cards (non-resident, reciprocal borrower, teacher, student or PLAC) or if you’d like to read more about our circulation policies, please click here.
Your first card is free, but there is a $2 fee for a replacement card.
You must apply for your card in person at any branch of the Morgan County Public Library. Children under the age of 18 must have a responsible adult over the age of 18 with them to apply for a library card.
Please bring with you:
- Valid state driver’s license or ID card
- Valid Government issued ID
- Valid college or university ID
PLUS one of the following:
- Valid voter registration card
- Computer generated bank statement or government notification issued in applicant’s name within last 30 days
- Computer generated utility, credit card company, doctor or hospital bill, issued in applicant’s name within last 30 days
- Change-of-address confirmation from the United States Postal Service showing prior and current address of residence (A P.O. Box is not acceptable as a residence address)
- Property tax receipt issued in applicant’s name (from current tax year)
- Any postmarked piece of mail (addressed to you) that has been sent within the last 30 days.