Get a Card
Any resident or property owner in Morgan County, except for Brown Township residents (who must obtain a card from the Mooresville Library), is eligible for a Morgan County Public Library Card.
For information on other types of cards (non-resident, reciprocal borrower, teacher, student or PLAC) or if you’d like to read more about our circulation policies, please click here.
Your first card is free, but there is a $2 fee for a replacement card.
You must apply for your card in person at any branch of the Morgan County Public Library. Children under the age of 18 must have their parent or legal guardian with them to apply for a library card.
Please bring with you:
- Valid state driver’s license or ID card
- Valid Government issued ID
- Valid college or university ID
PLUS one of the following:
- Valid voter registration card
- Computer generated bank statement or government notification issued in applicant’s name within last 30 days
- Computer generated utility, credit card company, doctor or hospital bill, issued in applicant’s name within last 30 days
- Change-of-address confirmation from the United States Postal Service showing prior and current address of residence (A P.O. Box is not acceptable as a residence address)
- Property tax receipt issued in applicant’s name (from current tax year)
- Any postmarked piece of mail (addressed to you) that has been sent within the last 30 days.