Part Time Circulation & Processing Clerk
The Library is seeking a dependable part-time circulation and processing clerk.
This position will work primarily at the Brooklyn Branch and Main Library (Martinsville) but may be required to work at any of the six library branches including Morgantown, Eminence, Monrovia or Waverly locations.
This is a part-time position that will be regularly scheduled for 16.5 hours per week, but may have more hours as needed.
Starting salary $8.50 to $9.50/per hour dependent upon prior experience and/or education.
- Checking library materials in and out.
- Collecting fines.
- Assisting patrons with holds, renewals, account questions, locating materials, basic computer assistance and basic reference questions.
- Shelving materials.
- Registering new patrons or updating existing patron accounts.
- Minor maintenance to equipment and facility.
- Compiling and reporting service statistics.
- Pulling, tagging, and canceling patron holds as necessary.
- Accurately double-checking items before they are shelved.
- Pulling, processing, and staging materials to be delivered to mini-branches.
- Able to work independently.
- A pleasant personality capable of dealing with patrons of all ages.
- Good judgment and attention to detail
- Able to work under stressful conditions.
- Computer skills including internet, searching, word processing.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Reliable attendance and transportation plus a Valid Indiana Driver’s License.
- Good listening and speaking skills.
Previous library experience is desired, but not required.
To apply, please download an application below and submit to any MCPL branch library. No phone calls, please.