Part Time Circulation Clerk – Monrovia Branch
The Library is seeking a dependable part-time circulation clerk
This position will work at the Monrovia Branch but may be required to work at any of the six library branches including Brooklyn, Eminence, Martinsville, Morgantown or Waverly locations.
This is a part-time position that will be regularly scheduled for approximately 16-20 hours per week. Hours will include a mix of days, evenings as late as 8:30 p.m. and two Saturdays per month (9 am to 5:30 pm).
Starting salary $11.75 to $12.70/hour dependent upon prior experience and/or education.
- Checking library materials in and out.
- Assisting patrons with holds, renewals, account questions, locating materials, basic computer assistance and basic reference questions.
- Sorting and shelving materials.
- Registering new patrons or updating existing patron accounts.
- Minor maintenance to equipment (replacing toner cartridges, refilling paper, etc.).
- Pulling, tagging, and canceling patron holds as necessary.
- Accurately double-checking items before they are shelved.
- Compiling and reporting service statistics.
- A pleasant personality capable of dealing with patrons of all ages.
- Good judgment and attention to detail
- Able to work under stressful conditions.
- Computer skills including internet searching.
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Reliable attendance and transportation.
- Good listening and speaking skills.
Previous library experience is desired, but not required.
To apply, please submit an application to any branch library, or upload it below.
Applications are available at any branch or downloadable in PDF format from our website. No phone calls, please.