Part Time Circulation Clerk
The Library is seeking a dependable part-time circulation clerk.
This position will work primarily at the Waverly Branch but may be required to work at any of the six library branches including Brooklyn, Morgantown, Eminence, Monrovia, or Martinsville locations.
This is a part-time position. Shifts may occur during the day, in the evening or on weekends.
Starting salary $7.75 to $8.45 dependent upon prior experience and/or education.
- Checking library materials in and out.
- Collecting fees.
- Assisting patrons with holds, renewals, account questions, locating materials, basic computer assistance and basic reference questions.
- Shelving materials.
- Registering new patrons or updating existing patron accounts.
- Minor maintenance to equipment (replacing toner cartridges, refilling paper, etc.).
- Pulling, tagging, and canceling patron holds as necessary.
- Accurately double-checking items before they are shelved.
- Assisting with programs for adults and youth.
- A pleasant personality capable of dealing with patrons of all ages.
- Reliable attendance and transportation.
- Good judgment and attention to detail.
- Able to work under stressful conditions.
- Computer skills including internet searching.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Good listening and speaking skills.
Previous library experience is desired, but not required.
To apply, please submit an application to any branch library, or fax it to 765-342-9992. Applications are available at any branch or downloadable below. No phone calls, please.